Monday, June 15, 2009

MoneyVidya – A Knowledge Sharing Platform

I started blogging quite recently, about a month ago. While I was familiarizing myself with the new world of information, I realized that it requires some sort of filtering. I was specifically looking for people with similar interests who write quality articles. Ultimately, my goal is to share and gain knowledge with the world. This is where The Income Portfolio (TIP), a fellow blogger, introduced me to MoneyVidya.com (MV) website.

MoneyVidya is a Stock Picking Community, where you can do a lot of other things too. Let me share some of its features:

A Knowledgeable Community through Blogs: I found what I was looking for – a platform where you get all the sharing people in one place. You can have a personalized profile, write blogs and interact with other members of the community. Moneyvidya has their own blogging network as well and you can be a part of it, if you wish to (they have certain criteria based on which they include people in their own network!).

Polls: You can create your own polls as well as participate in the ones created by others. By doing so you can find out what majority of the people are thinking!

Discussions: You can start a discussion on any topic for which you require expert opinion. The best part is that it’s all personalized. What this means is that you will not lose any content and will find people with a similar interest participating in such discussions.

Rating System: The website has an internal rating algorithm based on certain parameters. It is based on the average profitability and riskiness of member’s previous picks and the quality of the analysis accompanying these picks, as determined by the wider community. Members can make a BUY/SELL recommendation with their own reasoning and they get rated.

Although, I personally don’t believe in giving recommendations, and thus only two stock picks which were made while I was trying it initially. I believe one should do his/her own analysis. Moreover, I also believe that the rating system should place more emphasis on other parameters like blogs, their quality, their active usage etc. currently it’s more focused on stock picks.

The website is still in alpha stage. So going forward, I expect a lot of other features to accompany the great blogging community that it already has.

It’s a great website, looks cool and has a lot to offer. Check it out and start using!

P.S. I’m an Associate Blogger of MoneyVidya blogging network. I have a few blog posts at MoneyVidya. You can read them at:

http://www.moneyvidya.com/dashboard/blogNews/userid/3914.html

2 comments:

  1. The website seems interesting to me and will try to subscribe to it tomorrow itself. I couldn't understand much about their rating system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Heartening to see that Moneyvidya is being liked by all.Kudos to u Charu, for bringing out the nicieties about moneyvidya.

    @gautam The rating system of moneyvidya is what makes them stand out.It is state of art system based on complex algorithms which determines the person's stock picks based on numerous factors like stock return,pick length etc..It helps in determing which users make great picks consistently. This makes it very easy to determine user whom we can follow to make better stock picks

    ReplyDelete